My research for such historical fiction books as Ashes of Yesterday led me to topics of addiction during the 1920s. Many of the drugs people are addicted to today plagued folks then. But a few were different.
Decadent Dancer Extraordinaire
- Famous 1920s icon
- Born in 1899
- A dancer and a film star in Germany
- Into drugs and alcohol.
- Performed in the 1922 program called ‘Dances of Debauchery, Horror and Ecstasy’
- Two of the numbers in the program – ‘Cocaine’ and ‘Morphine’
- Horrors of World War 1 – People wished to escape the guilt of surviving such a ghastly time
- Immersed herself in Life’s guilty pleasures
- One of her favorite alleged pastimes:
- Mixing chloroform and ether in a bowl with a white rose and eating the petals.
- Died at the age of 29 of tuberculosis
Murder mystery author, murder mystery series, murder mystery kindle books, historical mystery series, prohibition, flappers, 1920s, Jazz Age, murder mystery series, fiction books, ww1, ww 1, fiction author